Growing a massage business without the stress!
Kathy Scott is a massage therapist and owner of a successful business Hands on at Work. She has taken the time to share her extensive knowledge to help massage businesses grow.
This is what Kathy has to say about her new book and why it is a must read for massage business owners:-
Do you want to feel as amazing as you make your clients feel? Then stop being so nice—and build the massage business you dreamed of when you first started.
I was told by a business mentor that I needed to stop being so nice, in other words, value what you do and charge a decent rate. The problem with most therapists, (me included), is that we enjoy what we do, we see it more as a vocation than a job, which leads us to find it difficult to charge a commercial rate. We also run ourselves into the ground looking after our clients but neglect our own health and wellbeing.
I wrote this book as talking to therapists, two common themes emerged, they wish they had good business advice when they started and they wish they had looked after themselves better.
This book will show you:
- Why low prices don’t do you or your clients any favours—and how to raise them without a fuss (because raising your prices doesn’t need to be a heart-thumping, stomach-churning experience)
- How to market your business without the ick factor i.e. you do not need to be a pushy arrogant salesperson.
- How to build a full appointment book and waiting list on your terms
- A little confidence is all you need to ignore your competitors and forge your own path
- Why it’s crucial to ditch the guilt and acknowledge your self-worth
I have been a massage therapist for 12 years and I run my own corporate massage business. The knowledge I have gained has allowed me to specialise and create work for other therapists—and now I’m sharing my story with you. I have been where you are and understand the challenges you’re facing.
If you’re ready to create a business that fills you with delight and brings in only the kind of clients you love to touch, pick up this book and start reading!
All the best,